Shrimp with "Tennessee Tail Cocke Tail" Sauce (appetizer)
Submitted by Unknown of Knoxville, TN
- 2 pounds - Large shrimp (head on optional)
- 1 tablespoon - Tennessee Thunder Hot Sauce
- 1 cup - White Wine Vinegar
- 2 cloves - Garlic (minced)
- To taste - Black Pepper
- To tase - Salt
- 1/3 cup - Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon - Horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 cup - ketchup
- Rinse 2 pounds of large shrimp
- In a large bowl place shrimp, white wine vinegar, 2 cloves minced garlic,
black pepper & salt to taste
- Add olive oil
- Mix well and marinate 30 minutes before cooking
- Get the grill hot!!!
- While the grill is getting hot and the shrimp is marinating - take ketchup,
Tennessee Thunder, horseradish and lime juice and mix well in a large bowl
- Place shrimp on grill or in a grill pan. Allow the shrimp to cook with the
grill top closed for 3 minutes. Do not allow the flames to char the shrimp.
- After the shrimp has turned pink, take the shrimp off the grill. Do not
over cook, but the shrimp interior should be cooked until white and juicy.
- Serve hot with the "Cocke Tail" sauce for dipping or chill. Remove
the scales before serving cold or leave on while hot.